After changing my mind on the location three times which resulted in Daniel rebuilding the frame three times! The grill is COMPLETE and I must say My Man did an AWESOME job! One good thing about them building new homes around us was that we were able to get 90% of the material from their scraps. All the stone is leftover from the house across the street and the lumber was from a combination of them. Daniel had to buy very little from the store. No worries, he asked the workers if he could have the material before he took some... another advantage of Daniel speaking Spanish. He built the door on the front to cover the grill. I think it adds a lot and again he did a SUPER job.
We had some extra concrete poured while he was still in the multiple framing process so that we could have a bigger uncovered patio. The grill sits between the covered and the uncovered patio.
We went two weeks ago to pick out the granite and they installed it last week. I do not know who is more excited that the grill is finished, me or Daniel! He took every free moment to work on the thing but those free moments seem pretty slim these days. As I say, "Running is Running our lives!"
Now Daniel wants to build a pergola and set up a TV!



3 comments:
It was half finished when we were there but it looks beautiful now all done - congratulations on your hard work. (I guess you didn't get stung by any more scorpions either, right?!)
DANG! THat looks sooo good! I can't believe he built that. Way to go Daniel!!
Turned out great.....time to BBQ!
Post a Comment