This is out of order....
The last day of my 20's my friend, Brittany, and I decided to hit the outlet malls before I had to head over to pick up the kids from preschool. Of course I was shopping and waited until the last minute to leave... and what do I get stuck behind on the feeder road... a TRAIN OF HORSES AND CARRIAGES. Here we are driving maybe 20 miles per hour literally right NEXT to these horses. Once I finally get past them the road forks and I needed to take the right fork. I crossed over the white lines (it is a LONG fork) with plenty of space between me and the TRUCK BLARING MUSIC that was leading the train of horses and carriages. The motorcycle cop IMMEDIATELY turns on his lights and sirens and comes after me. I am so shocked that I did not know if he was just heading out with the train or if he was pulling me over. To prove how slow I was going I was having a conversation with him through my closed window. He told me to stop and roll down my window. In my panic I accidentally rolled down the back window where Krew was sleeping. I pulled myself together and rolled down mine. He IMMEDIATELY starts yelling at me. "Am I in that much of a hurry that I had to cut off the horses? I could have spooked them! I should have taken the fork to the left and gone up to the light and turned right. We've already had a problem with one of the horses spooked today...." I tried being very nice and even apologized. He checked and saw that all my stickers were up to date and then saw the baby in the back seat. His tone suddenly changed and I became DARLING and he oohed and aahed over my baby.
First off... to show how far in front of the horse train I was.... Once I passed them I picked up the phone, dialed Daniel and was talking to him when I got pulled over. I thought I had hung up but instead I had just thrown my phone in my lap and Daniel heard the entire conversation.
Second, these horses are being passed by THOUSANDS of cars all day.
Third, even if I had cut the horses off it would not have been the horses it was a TRUCK leading them and he was BLARING music.
It made for a good story and I felt a bit rebellious on my last day in my 20's. I really wanted to yell at him and ask him why he needed to SPOOK ME!



0 comments:
Post a Comment