Monday, March 05, 2012

Rodeo

The Texas Rodeo is pretty much a must every year.  I remember going a few times when I was in High School and I loved it then and I still love it now.  My AMAZING friend, Suzette, runs a camp called "Camp Journey" for autistic kids.  Someone sponsored a tent for her camp and she invited us to come participate in the fun.  She had a man with his whip doing tricks, a balloon lady, dancing, and food.  I could write this whole post on how amazing she is at what she does....

We then headed into the carnival to let the kids eat junk and ride the rides.  Suz had an extra book of coupons and so the kids really loaded up this year.  The party was in the morning and ended at the same time as the carnival started.  Therefore, we were some of the first people in the carnival and we did not have to wait in lines.  Levi was still a bit too short but they still allowed him on most of the kiddie rides.  Kinleigh has no fear and she had a blast... Levi was a bit more scared.  We had fried Snickers bars and oreos this year!  By the time we got in the car to come home the kids were EXHAUSTED and were asleep in no time!  


















3 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

Your friend sounds amazing - it is a special person that can work with autistic children. It sounds like the kids had a great day.

robandkayla said...

hahaha Levi's face in the roller coaster pic!!!!

Hall Family said...

I am so jealous of all the fun you guys are having!! haha Between you and Holly you guys are barrels of fun at the ROdeo!! Maybe one day we'll make it! I love love love the Cowboy/girl pics of the kids! And love your awesome boots!!! :)