A few weeks ago I finally made my dermatologist appointment and went in to have this ugly mole removed from my stomach. I have had it since I was in High School and even though no one ever sees it and it isn't really that big it still bothers me.... I also wanted them to check out some white spots on my arms that also have been there forever. The first thing I discussed with the NP was the spots. She asked me if I had them on my back to which I replied no but she still wanted to check anyway. What did she find... THREE moles that she didn't like the looks of. I did not even know I had moles on my back, I thought I just had freckles. She took a biopsy of all three and gave me a prescription for my arm. My results... ALL THREE were pre-melanoma. She was able to remove all of one of them during the biopsy but the other two were going to need to be surgically removed. I went in this past Monday and he drew this nice small picture of a football around the mole (actually scab that was still present from the biopsy removal). Once they started stitching it sure felt like a lot of stitches for such a tiny football. I asked the nurse (who was a character in herself and could have a full blog post on just her) how many stitches to which she replied, "Every one always asks how many... it's not about how many stitches it is about the size." She then proceeded to show my how long it was on her pinky finger.
My outcome- one surgery done and one more on the books for two weeks later.... and a MOLE THAT IS STILL ON MY STOMACH! And TEN stitches. That is not no little football.
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



2 comments:
I am glad you had them checked. It will be good to have that over.
Scary!!! Glad you went in! :)
Post a Comment