Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Marathon Madness

Who makes a Marathon a FAMILY AFFAIR?!?  We do!  My sister Jeannine flew down from Idaho and formed a relay team with my SIL Sabrina, my niece Leilani, and my Dad (my sister just ran the entire thing with them).  My other SIL, Rosie, my two brothers, and then Daniel and I ran the full.  Not to mention TONS of friends that participated in the full and half. 
Jeannine flew in a few days early so we did lots of playing and shopping.  They even took the kayak out on the lakes in our neighborhood.  Legal, we are not sure, but no one stopped them!





 


Friday night FAR had a pasta dinner at the park and then we headed home to attempt to get a good nights rest....  Marathon day- we had to leave the house by 5:10 in the morning!  The weather was actually great and the course was fairly flat.  I thought it was more hilly then what we are use to around here but I can't complain since it was still pretty flat.  I felt great until about mile 18 and then the fatigue really started to kick in and my time started to slow down.  The time it truly took pure guts though was that last mile.  My body was physically tired but I was also very mentally tired.  My goal was to finish under four hours and to NEVER walk and I accomplished both GOALS.  I finished 6th in my age group with a time of 3:43:50!  I will admit that I was a lot more sore afterwards then I thought and it was harder then I thought it would be.  My AMAZING husband ran the entire race with me and kept me COMPANY!  It was perfect to run my first marathon with the best companion.  I told him it was not my favorite distance at all and some how two days later my mind must have forgot and we are already signed up for another marathon January 1st.  What is wrong with us?!? 
I have to brag on my awesome brother!  He ran with the elite group and finished 4th over-all!  Him, my parents, grandpa, Mark, Daniel and Kinleigh all went back with Daniel and his family to get his REWARD MONEY!  One word- WOW!
A huge THANKS to Holly, Mom, and Grandpa who watched all the kiddos while we ran!!!


1 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

Wow, what a big extended family of runners! Congratulations to all of you.