Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Blackberry Pickin

For playgroup last week we went to a local farm to pick some blackberries.  They are not the best blackberries I have tasted, maybe give them another week.  Levi enjoyed picking the blackberries but he was a bit disappointed that there were no animals at this "farm".  Afterwards we had a potluck lunch at the shaded picnic tables that are also provided at this farm.  We had such a big turnout and reminded me how much I LOVE living here in Texas.  I LOVE my neighborhood and that it has LOADS and LOADS of kids.  I love that I can call my neighbor down the street and ask her to do pretty much anything for me and she is more then willing.  I love that I know I could call several neighbors and have the same response.  I LOVE that I have friends and family close that I know would drop anything to help me in a time of need.  I LOVE that my church has TONS of families our age and have embraced us so quickly.  I just LOVE it here.  I will admit though that North Carolina is prettier and I sure miss the mountains and the beach and some of those lifetime friendships. 

 

1 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

The berries sound good. Dad and I just picked cherries this week and they are delicious. Fruit of any kind is so good.