Tuesday, May 29, 2012

All that Mushy Stuff

We have made it to TEN YEARS OF MARRIAGE!  I could write an entire post on how AMAZING my husband is... but, I'll save that for a letter just for him.  I have officially been married 1/3 of my life and I would not change a thing.  Our goal was to take a big TRIP this year and we are hoping to do that in the fall.  However, we wanted to do something for our actual anniversary!  We started off by taking Kinleigh to Mark and Rosie's house for the weekend and the boys to Daniel and Sabrina's.  We went and did some sealings at the Temple which just so happens to be the same temple we were married in!  We had a delicious dinner at Peli Peli, where we ordered the same meal for the first time in our marriage, and then headed home to have a kid free night.




 We woke up early Friday morning and headed down to the beach.   Since we did not have any kids we decided to hit Schlitterbahn, the water park right across from Moody Gardens.  Upon arrival we notice bus after bus pulling in... yep, it was SCHOOL DAY.  Even with all the teens and one section closed we had a FABULOUS time.  The most we had to wait for a ride was about 15 minutes and that was just the big slide that went STRAIGHT DOWN.  Friday night Daniel was up for a Safety award at Moody Gardens.  He received the GOLD award, out of the three finalist, in Safety and then also was surprised to receive the NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR award.  I just thought he was getting another award and did not realize how big of a deal this was until we were on our way down to the beach.  We slept in on Saturday and then went for a 10 mile run along the boardwalk.  We headed home around noon and back to the real life.
Once we picked up all the kids we spent the rest of Saturday down at our neighbors house for a Craw fish Broil!  I have had craw fish before but it has been years.  These were the biggest ones I have ever seen and yes it is Tasty but I'm not sure the taste is worth all the WORK.  It was a great afternoon/evening and just made me realize even more how blessed we are to live in such a wonderful neighborhood. 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

happy anniversary!

Mom Erwin said...

Tell Daniel congratulations on the awards - way to go! I am glad you had a good anniversary time together.

Mom Erwin said...

Tell Daniel congratulations on the awards - way to go! I am glad you had a good anniversary time together.