Tuesday, June 19, 2012

And then we take it to the Pool

Since Daniel and I were celebrating our anniversary we missed Kinleigh's first swim meet.  This time around Grandma Lawton was there to watch.  Between one daughter, three nieces, and lots of friends swimming we get to see loads of action!  Kinleigh has improved a great deal from last year and is really rocking that backstroke.  The kids each are assigned to their appropriate age group tent and so aside from going over to give her a pep talk or tell her congratulations you really do not deal much with the swimmers.  The girls had a great time playing some card games as they waited for their next event.  *Kinleigh swims in the freestyle A relay (the fastest relay group), freestyle, and backstroke.  At the swim meet the next week after the one I am posting about... she knocked 4 seconds off her freestyle and 8 seconds off her backstroke.  She ended up getting 4th in backstroke.  Some how I was able to light a little fire under her and now she actually cares about winning.  To be honest, Daniel said I ruined her because now she is disappointed that she is not getting first.  Oops!





1 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

It looks like there are quite a few swimmers on the team. Congratulations, Kinleigh. Swimming and water safety too are such important things to learn.