Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Why not add a party?

Between Kinleigh's freestyle and backstroke I took the boys over to a birthday party!  Krew's little friend, Laurel, is only two days older then him and she was having a petting zoo party in her backyard.  Krew was so wiped out from the swim meet that he actually fell asleep on the way to the party and slept for most of the party time.  He woke up with just enough time to ride the pony before we had to run (I literally parked the car and RAN as fast as I could pushing a stroller) to watch Kinleigh swim backstroke.  Levi was a bit cautious at first on touching the animals but he quickly warmed up to the idea.  The kid is terrified over some things and yet the bravest about others.  If it comes to riding his bike down a hill or doing some stunt he is all about it... but when it comes to touching an animal or swimming he is just the opposite.  However, he LOVED riding the pony (despite his unamused face). 
Did I mention that Daniel was working the swim meet (we have to volunteer for 4 hours each season which basically means I am husband less at each swim meet) so it was just me and the kiddos.
Thankfully Kinleigh is still in the 6 and under age group and they end after backstroke.  We went home to grab a quick bite to eat and take a shower!





1 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

What an elaborate but fun idea for a birthday party.