I happened to be reading the local news on my phone one day and came across this article talking about the worlds LARGEST aircraft that will now be servicing Houston. It is a non-stop flight from Houston to Frankfurt and will be traveling DAILY (Who knew that Frankfurt was such a happening place). The article talked about this party they were going to have for the FIRST LANDING of the aircraft. The party was going to have some competitions for a free round trip ticket, fun things for the kids to do, and FREE sandwiches, snacks, and drinks. I recruited my friend Brittany and her four kids to come with us.... We drove all the way out to the back side of the airport, get there maybe 10 minutes after the official party start time, make the walk to the viewing field, in the 100+ heat, and I will admit it was kind of a dud. Aside from the Yodeling contest there was no entertainment. The FREE FOOD consisted of mini bags of pretzels and drinks. Every one did get a pair of binoculars and then we waited in the blazing sun (thank goodness for Brittany and her umbrellas) the 1 1/2 for the plane to arrive. Even then everyone was crowded around trying to see it land and I will admit that I didn't think it was near as big as I was envisioning. Needless to say, despite the heat and some complaining, it was something different for the kids to do this summer and I am glad we went.
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



1 comments:
Waiting in the heat for neat things is never fun (speaking as one who lives in St. George and often says "what are we doing walking/mowing/etc. in this heat?)
Post a Comment