Name that movie?
I am not the best Mom at going above and beyond on the first day of school. Really, I'm not the best Mom on any of the Holidays. I try to be fun and creative but I seem to be missing that creative gene. My kids seem to be pretty darn happy though so I guess they do not need the Above and Beyond.
With saying that... I did make heart shaped, chocolate chip, pancakes for the first day back to school. Daniel went into work late and we made it a family affair at the bus stop. Second grade just seems so OLD. She came home from school the first day to inform me that her binder does not fit into her backpack and that she needs a new one. STOP GROWING UP!
I just found out that they let you walk your kid to class on the first day... who knew?!? It will be a family affair at the school next year.






3 comments:
Have a wonderful school year, Kinleigh. I taught 2nd grade several times - it is a great year.
Heart shaped pancakes? I think I gave Ellie a poptart! Also, I always sing the Billy Madison back to school song every August.
Kolbs just asked what'd it be like if an adult had to go to kindergarten... Daniel and I started singing ;)
Post a Comment