Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Girl's Weekend!!!

It began with getting up at 4:50AM to make the 9 hour drive to Gulf Shores Alabama.  We made a quick stop in Beaumont to pick up Mom and then Rosie, Sabrina, Holly, and I began our Adventure.  
ADVENTURE #1- During our drive it started to rain, and then pour, and then the WINDSHIELD WIPER FLEW off the car, literally flew right off!  Luckily our next exit just happened to have an Ace Hardware.  

The first evening was spent staying up way too late playing a game while all of us were Delirious and in Hysterics.  

Friday we spent the morning at the beach and the afternoon visiting the Happy Shack and then Eating at Lulu's (Jimmy Buffet's sisters).  Of course we had to end the night watching Sweet Home Alabama.  









Saturday Rosie and I went for a nine mile run, went for an hour walk with Sabrina and Holly on the beach and then went and played some pickle ball (if that's not relaxing I don't know what is)!  Sabrina, Jeannine, and I went boogie boarding in the afternoon and decided to venture out into the deep until Sabrina was being caressed by a jelly fish.  We all got dolled up for another night in town but first had to stop for...
ADVENTURE #2- we found a fabulous place on the beach to take some pictures.  Slight problem... we managed to get the Armada STUCK in the Sand.  No worries, we put our muscles to work while our HOOTERS audience watched in amusement I'm sure.  We were almost in the clear when two boys finally made it over to help.  We did some more shopping and had our final dinner at the Oyster House!   




 Despite the annoying racket the surfboard made the entire ride to and from the beach... we hauled that thing in hopes of getting some good waves.  I have had the board for 1 1/2 years and it still had never been in the water.  Unfortunately we left with the same outcome... ZERO waves for surfing. 

We may have gotten a little bored on the way home and did a little theory testing.  
ADVENTURE #3- if you put headphones in your nose and open your mouth the music DOES NOT come out of your mouth.  
I have been blessed with THREE fabulous sister's (one was not able to make the trip) and really lucked out with THREE more fabulous sister-in-laws!  I am one LUCKY GIRL!  And of course my Mom is the icing on the cake!  
 

1 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

You have such a neat family, Dianna and we love you all.