Tuesday, February 26, 2013

THE NEW H-E-B

Finally H-E-B opened in our neighborhood and I have to say we frequent it more then once a week.  Just last night I needed cottage cheese from the store and instead of making the 20 minute round-trip drive I just sent Daniel to the front of the neighborhood.  It is FABULOUS.  Krew thinks it is such a delight too because I finally have caved in and let them sit in the big carts.  See, I already have a hard time with carts.  When the kids are babies and I use the car seats... I can not see over them AT ALL.  If I want to see where I am going I have to look to the side.  So probably about a year ago I was shopping and went to get a HUGE jar of those HUGE pickles and dropped it and it shattered all over the floor.  While the workers cleaned that up I rushed to the next isle over!  Apparently a man bent over to look at something and I smacked right into his cart (couldn't see it over my stupid cart) in which smacked his cart right into him.  That was quite fun!  I think he took pity on me and luckily didn't scream and yell but I could tell he was not amused.  Therefore, I despise carts as is and then to have to push around these beast of a carts is not my favorite.  However, happy children is my FAVORITE.  

2 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

Your new grocery store is a winner! It is a great store. You sound like a "dangerous" cart driver! It is hard to manuever those big carts, though - good luck!

Hallcasa22 said...

Those carts hurt my knees. It takes all I have to turn corners, and of course my kids always want them...thankfully, they are getting tooooooo old for them!!! :)