Thursday, August 08, 2013

Vacation Time

Day Eight: We attempted to go to the famous Omaha Zoo.  I have been a couple times and I LOVED going as a kid.  I was so excited to take my kids....  It was the busiest day of the entire year.  We spent four hours at the zoo and I don't think we made it more then a quarter of a mile from the entrance.  We saw the desert, rainforest, swamps, bats, monkeys, and watched an imax movie.  The kids still enjoyed it and got to see how cool the zoo is but we will have to return another time to see EVERYTHING.
We went back home to visit, relax, visit and watch movies.  We had such a WONDERFUL vacation and everyone was super sad to get up early Sunday morning and make the 14 hour drive home.  We drove straight home and the kids were GREAT. 
On our way we passed Moore, Oklahoma where the Tornado hit.  It was so sad to be driving along and look over and see the buildings just demolished.

0 comments: