January 18, 2007
Kinleigh scared us half to death today! We took her to WalMart this evening and as always she would not go in the front of the cart. So, we let her play in the back as we always do... or I should say did. All of a sudden she leans over the edge and flips right out onto the hard floor! Luckily she is a gymnast and did a flip and landed on her back and not her head!!!! She cried for like two minutes until we put her down and let her play. Daniel and I both were shaking the rest of the trip. Lesson to us!
On the other hand, Kinleigh was a wonderful grocery shopper today at Food Lion. She went into the front of the cart and was an angel. We went and go a cookie from the bakery ladies (they give kids a free cookie for all those who didn't know- like me). I told her to tell the lady thank you and Kinleigh goes "thank you." I thought the lady was going to die. She was so amazed at her and sat and fussed over everything about her for like five minutes. (Not to mention the fuss that we got when we were checking out from the cashier and bagger. Oh, and I can't forget the guy cleaning the floor. She gets way too much attention :), but Mom is always willing to show her off!) The rest of the trip she never asked to get out or anything. She kept taking my owe and saying "owe" and then kiss it better. Also, she would take a plastic bad and push in down between the seat and the buggy and say "where it go?" We shopped for over an hour with no fits- first in a long time at the grocery store.
She also said please at dinner this evening. She kept asking for her milk and I said say please and she goes "please" and then I said thank you and she said "thank you." I am glad she is picking up some manners. Now all she has to do it say them on her own :).
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



1 comments:
I totally missed this post earlier (too caught up in the cute pics, I guess)! How scary about the cart. Glad she didn't lad on her head.
So cute that she is all talking now. Sad times that I don't get to wintess it :(
Post a Comment