


March 13-23, 2007 Kinleigh and I have had quite the adventure this month. We woke up bright and early Tuesday morning to catch our plane at 7:30 to Salt Lake City, Utah. Luckily the plane was fairly empty and Kinleigh and I were able to have the whole row to ourselves (meaning we got to bring her car seat onto the plane). We arrived into Salt Lake 40 minutes early- yeah, when does that ever happen. I'm super woman and managed to rig all my luggage up and carry it to the pick-up so Nene didn't have to park and come inside. We stopped at Tremonton on the way home to see the fitness center (which I have not seen the new one). Then, we headed to Matt and Alissa's house to pick up Nenes fan and so I can see the great work Chris and Matt did. Tuesday afternoon we got to rest and relax from our long flight (4 hours direct-thank goodness). Kinleigh had a very rough night the first night. We were downstairs sleeping in Tori's room and Kinleigh just kept waking up screaming. I tried putting her in bed with me, but that wasn't working. I ended up having to leave her downstairs screaming and I had to go sleep on the couch upstairs in the library. I know terrible Mom, but I was running on like five hours of sleep and was EXHAUSTED. It was only 11 Idaho time, but 1 my time, so I had been up for 20 hours. Wednesday Nene and I were going to go cross country skiing, but they had looked at their tickets wrong and were actually leaving Wednesday night and midnight instead of Thursday night and midnight. Good think Dad caught that or they would have been in a scrap. So, Wednesday morning Nene and I dropped Kinleigh off with her neighbor and were able to spend some fun sister time. However, Kinleigh did not do so well with the neighbor. Poor little thing must have been traumatized by the new environment and then for Mom to leave her. The lady said she cried for over and hour and then finally fell asleep. When she woke up she was really clingy. What a sweetheart to take her and put up with that. Kinleigh is always wonderful for babysitters. The rest of Wednesday poor Nene and Chris had to run around like crazy getting all their stuff done that they thought they had another day to do. To shorten the adventures of all we did in Idaho I will narrow it down. I watched Whitney, Tori, Danny and Anais (not really watched since she is 18) from Wednesday until the following Friday. I learned the true definition of soccer Mom. I spent from 3-7 each evening running those kids around like crazy. They had Friday off from school, so we decided to have a party Thursday night. We went and rented a movie and bought tons of junk food. What a fun party, just my kind with lots of treats. Friday we decided to have a picnic at the park.... I took the keys and put them in my purse and left the purse in the car. I warned all the kids to leave the doors unlocked... but, what I didn't know was the van doors lock themselves. So, our nice picnic at the park was not so nice. Whitney and Danny stayed to play while the rest of us headed to the fitness center to call the Grolls. We found out that there was another set at home now all we needed was a ride back to the house. The sweet lady who works at the fitness center took us home to get the extra set of keys and then back to the park. Quite the excitement. We had another party Friday night- same as Thursday lots of candy and we rented another movie. Saturday we drove to Logan to go swimming at the Grandparents fitness center. We stopped and got us some yummy ice cream on the way home. The kids were great, but Kinleigh was miserable. She was up all Friday night coughing her lungs out and was just so exhausted Saturday. She did great at the pool though and was actually smiling. Sunday we went to church, ate the traditional roast (made by Dianna including Dad's gravy), and then played on the tramp and tanned. Yep, it was actually very warm in Idaho, until the random day it decided to snow of course. Monday night we went out for pizza b/c Danny had a free pizza from school. What a smart boy. My friend Sarah and her two kids came up Wednesday afternoon and we attempted bowling.


That was quite the adventure. First, we had two lanes running, one for the kids and one for the adults (plus Whitney). That was fun trying to control both lanes and help the kids. To add to it, we had to keep our own score. Yeah, good thing Whitney had bowling in school or I would have had no idea what to do. It was too stressful to try and control Kinleigh and keep her off the bowling lanes and bowl so I became designated score keeper. Then, the wonderful lady at the bowling alley thought she need to come run some etiquette rules by us since the bowling league was coming in (like I don't know etiquette rules). Then, I ran out in my street shoes to take a picture of the kids bowling and got yelled at by one of the ladies on the bowling league that I should not be out there in my street shoes and it was bad enough I was sitting in the chairs with my streets shoes. (I guess when you live in a small town and bowling is your life you become some what RUDE). To top it all off... the sweet lady comes back over to ask us if we could move over two lanes. Mind you we have six kids (one being a baby), three adults, and a lot of stuff. This way we wouldn't bother the bowling league. Ok, the adults were on the lanes closest to the league and there was still a lane between us and the league. Plus, the kids were being perfectly fine (the bowling ones, not Kinleigh but I was watching her like a hawk). I told her we only had two rounds each, but yea she wanted us to move over. I refuse to go bowling in Preston, Idaho ever again. I headed back home Friday morning after sending the kids off to school. Sarah and I met her husband Allen at the shopping mall and ate lunch. Now for the most exciting part of my trip which I'm going to put that adventure in it's own blog b/c it deserves it's own space.
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment