Saturday, March 10, 2007

Rotavirus

March 10th, 2007 Tuesday Kinleigh was as happy as can be in the morning. Playing, laughing, acting perfect at the chiropractor. We get home and she takes a wonderful nap... then, she wake up and we are playing in the kitchen and she all of a sudden starts fussing and then wah lah she throws up ALL OVER MY KITCHEN FLOOR. I have never seen such a large amount come out of such a small person. Once she realized it was over she started pointing and saying "YUCKY, YUCKY". She got that one right. For the rest of the day she would act perfectly fine and then once every hour she would point at her mouth and starting whining and we would run to the bathroom and she would throw-up. We layed her down at 7 like normal and then about 8:30 I heard her in the bed throwing-up and crying. That was fun! So, Daniel (until I forced him to go downstairs and get some sleep) and I made a bed on the bedroom floor and slept with Kinleigh. Well, not really slept b/c she was up ALL NIGHT throwing up. I have to admit Kinleigh was very good about letting us know she was going to throw-up. Minus the two times on our kitchen floor and the one time in her bed she threw-up in the trash can/toilet every time. Wednesday she wouldn't eat anything, but seemed to be feeling better and had not thrown-up since 5 in the morning. Since she had not throw up we thought it woud be safe to take her out to the mall and just keep her in her stroller. (We have had two friends who have had the 24 hour bug, so we thought it was over). I was trying on some dresses in the fitting room when all of a sudden Kinleigh starts throwing up all over the floor. I tried catching it with a wet wipe, but yea that didn't help at all. Daniel is so wonderful and scrubbed it all up with wet wipes. Luckily that was the last time she has thrown up, but the runs started Wednesday night. Thursday the poor things slept the whole day away. Friday she was still not herself, still not eating, so Daniel stayed at home with her while I worked a half day. Then, I came home and let Daniel go work the rest of the day. She seems to be doing better now, but as of yesterday she still has the runs. I sure hope this ends soon. Her little cousin Ellie had the same virus (she does not live close, so no she did not get it from her) and it lasted seven days. The saddest part was Tuesday night when she would throw-up she didn't have anything left in her so she would dry heave and it was TERRIBLE. It was like she was choking and her whole body would just tighten up and I just can't explain how miserable she must have felt. However, a funny note on the whole situation- now every time she sees the trash can we had her throw-up in she walks up to it and starts spitting into the trash can. The only bonus is that Kinleigh ACTUALLY wants to cuddle with me
which NEVER happens.

My sick little girl!


1 comments:

Texasholly said...

Ooooh, I am so sorry that Ellie somehow managed to contamintate Kinleigh all the way out in NC. I tell you...that kid gets EVERYONE sick!
Kidding, but I am sad for Kinleigh...poor baby. Glad she is feeling better.