Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Glue


March 25th, 2007
Kinleigh was playing in the weight room with Daddy and fell off the weight bench onto the punching bag stand. She hit the corner of the stand and cut a nice gash in her head. It was a small triangle shape, but deep. We started to head to the emergency room, but decided it would probably be best on Kinleigh to wait and take her to the Dr. the next morning. Daniel put a nice butterfly over the cut for the evening and then stayed home with her Monday to take her to the Dr. They couldn't get her in until 11, so Daddy ended up taking the whole day off to play with Kinleigh. I'll tell you what, she didn't care one bit about me after spending the whole day with Daddy. I guess Moms are serious and Dads are all about play :). The Dr. said that you have to take them in for stitches with in 12 hours (wish I had known before), but she went ahead and put the new glue stuff on the cut. Daniel asked what she would have done if he had taken her to the emergency room and she said the same thing. I guess this way she won't have little stitch scars, but she'll still have a scar. She's sure a tough girl though. She keeps taking her finger and pointing and saying owe!

0 comments: