Well, Daniel and I have officially signed up to do the Triangle Triathlon. It is a sprint triathlon so it is only a 750 meter swim, 15 mile bike and 3.1 mile run. I am really excited about this whole thing. Strange to be super excited about something that is going to kill us and you have to pay big bucks for. Weird I know?!? Not only does the race cost $63.60 a person, but then of course you have to have your road bike (appox. $1000), they recommend biking shoes and pedals (appox. $200), running shoes (appox. $120), can't forget the helmets (appox. $50) and then the lovely outfit that triathletes wear (appox. $80). This is all per person of course so we are looking at roughly $3000. Doesn't seem bad when you buy it all in pieces, but when you put it all together, we're crazy!
The next step is to get rid of your social life b/c you have to train six days a week. With having a little one we have to train in the evenings after Daniel gets home from work. Then, we have to do our long bike rides on Saturday mornings, which basically takes up your whole Saturday morning. However, I haven't been this stoked about anything in a long time and I am really looking forward to the triathlon. YEAH!
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



1 comments:
It is so amazing that you guys are doing that! Good luck! And I love Kinleigh's new toys too.
Post a Comment