May 2nd
Four generations
I am driving home from my group bike ride and call Daniel to let him know I am still alive and I'm coming home. (For some reason the traffic was pretty calm and we managed to hit most of the green lights and ended up being able to ride 26 miles compared to last weeks 19.5. Not only were we able to go 5.5 more miles, but we also averaged 2mph more (doesn't seem like a lot, but it makes a difference). It was awesome, but yet much more of a butt kicker). Anyway, so Daniel tells me I need to call my sister for some bad news.... First news is that my Grandma was treated for colon cancer a little while back and has been going through chemotherapy. She went into the specialist yesterday thinking that everything was great and the cancer was gone to find out that it in deed was not. The cancer has spread to her lymph nodes and is covering her stomach lining. In other words, she is dying! Quite the shock for my Grandparents and oh so upsetting for the rest of us. The second news is bittersweet. To counter act the unfortunate news of my Grandma I find out that my sister-in-law delivered the newest addition to the Lawton clan-a baby girl named Olivia. However, of course that can't be enough and I am informed that the baby came out too fast and swallowed some of the fluid she has been living in. This has harmful substances in it and therefore the baby is in ICU and that is where she will remain for the next few days. Many prayers go out to the both of them! 
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



2 comments:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :)
On a lighter not (for you), your 4 generation pic is so much cuter than mine!
not=note. AGH!
Post a Comment