Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Random

Ok, so since I have once again slacked on my updating and it has been like a week I am going to do a random blog to catch up on everything.

BLESSED
Seeing how training for this triathlon takes up all of our evenings, we have to brag about Kinleigh and how well she is training. I don't know how many almost two year old will sit in a stroller for a ten mile run. Yes, last week we did a ten mile run and Kinleigh was such a good girl. She does not pitch a fit at all getting into the stroller and will just sit and sing at the top of her lungs while we run. The other Saturday we had to do a brick (ride bike and then run) so we did 15 miles on the bike and then 1.5 mile run. She was perfect on the bike ride (actually slept the whole time) and then didn't care one bit that we were transferring her over into the stroller for yet another ride. We are so glad she is so good! Thanks Kinleigh for letting Daniel and I do at least some of the training together.

Kinleigh insisted on putting the knee strap on her knee after one of our runs. She went and got it out of the stroller, handed it to me pointed at Daddy's knee and then pointed at her knee. She wants to be just like her Daddy.

TALK, TALK, TALK
Seriously when I say she is repeating everything we say, I mean she is repeating everything we say. However, not only is she repeating everything we say, but she thinks she has to do everything that we do. If I'm putting lotion on, she has to put lotion on. If I am brushing my hair, she has to brush her hair. If I'm putting my shoes on, she's has to put her shoes on.... I think you get my point. Anyway, so she has started putting sentences together. She also has learned to say "I not want that." Still amazing me every day.

I matched Kinleigh for three days straight and did not mean to. The first day we both had on khaki's with a brown shirt. The second day this is what we wore and then the third day we both had on shorts and a polo shirt. I really have no idea why. We don't match today!

BABYSITTERS
Daniel and I went out last Thursday to a baseball game and left Kinleigh with a babysitter. I explained to her before she came that Mommy and Daddy were going to a baseball game and that she would be playing with the babysitter. She told me no and wanted to get her shoes (which means she wants to go bye bye with us) and so I explained it to her again. This time she decided that maybe it won't be so bad to play with the babysitter. So, she is sitting in her highchair eating and just randomly looks up and goes "bye bye Mommy see ya." The babysitter said she was perfect all night. Then, Saturday morning the Wyricks were so nice and kept Kinleigh for us so we could go and do another brick (this time we did our bike route and run for the triathlon- had no idea Raleigh had so many hills, we are going to die). She could care less that we were leaving her with the Wyricks and again they said she was perfect. Now only if she would do the same for nursery on Sundays.

PEE PEE
I have decided that I would like to have Kinleigh potty trained by her second birthday. I'm not quite sure she thinks it is that great of an idea though. The first day we put her on the potty and she went pee pee! For her reward we have reeses pieces in a container in the bathroom and she gets them after she goes on the big girl potty. Later that day she ran into the bathroom and when Daniel went after her she said, "Daddy pee pee" and so he put her on the potty and she went pee. Then, we went several days with lots of Kinleigh telling us she had to go pee and then NOTHING. Last night I was giving her a bath and she said she had to go "pee pee." I get her out of the bath tub, sit her on the toilet, fight with her to stay on the toilet and go pee and nothing. She gets off the toilet and ran to the bathroom door and went pee on the floor. Lovely! However, about an hour later I took her back into the bathroom and she went pee in the potty again. I have a feeling this is going to be a long road with a lot of motivation on my part.

3 comments:

Texasholly said...

She seems so old! Ellie is going to seem like such a baby next to her. A really big baby :)
I am so looking forward to seeing y'all in 10 more days!!!

Kory said...

good luck with potty training!
i inadvertantly match CJ and I's clothes ALL THE TIME it seems! it's kinda cute though, ya know? :)

Hall Family said...

good luck with the potty training too...Makaya was a stink-pot like that. "needing to go" but not going on the toilet...then finally after Kason came...it was magic! she went and got it and then life is great...but wait till you have to do NIGHT potty training! That's a different story! unless Kinleigh gets it right off!