July 1st
HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY DANIEL- getting old :)
Our ward at church split last week and so this Sunday was our first Sunday in our new ward. I guess I should mention that not only did our ward split, but the Smithfield ward also split and we formed our own new ward (in english for non-members- our church boundaries changed and we have formed new church boundaries where we will be meeting for church). Since Daniel and I served in Nursery fairly recently we were asked to help out this Sunday, so we did not really get to meet new people to see what this new ward is going to be like. I will tell you this, the nursery was wonderful with only six kids. I started out on a great start by asking a lady if she was pregnant. I have always sworn that I will NEVER ask anyone if they are pregnant, but I was so sure she was. To make matters worse she looked at me and said or what I thought she said, "It's ok, don't worry about it, I have Dr.'s A** too." What is Dr.'s A**? Yes I was asking the same things, so smart me repeats, "What?" So here I am checking out her butt now to see what in the world Dr.'s A** was to later find out that she actually said "even the Dr.'s ask." (excuse my language, but I had to tell the story as it was) Daniel said I was bright red and of course so confused in what she was saying that I was just staring at the poor lady. I made such a good impression at my new ward.
Finally around 3pm Sunday Holly, Tom and Ellie finally arrived. They left Saturday evening and drove all the way through the night. Crazy people! 
Ellie and Kinleigh loved each other. Kinleigh was being a real pill and Ellie cheered her right up. They didn't fight or argue and even shared toys. We ate Fajitas for Daniel's birthday dinner (family tradition that Daniel gets to pick breakfast and dinner so he had sausage and egg burritos for breakfast and fajitas for dinner). We took the girls for a walk in the wagon, gave them a bath together, and then put them down for the night. Then us adults had some yummy cream filled cupcakes and BLUE BELL ice cream (thanks to Kory) for birthday celebration. Hmm, that reminds me about the ice cream I guess I know what I'll be doing in a few minutes. We finally made Holly and Tom go to bed and get some sleep.
Having fun in the hotel room!
Monday we got up and headed to Washington, DC. We didn't get to the hotel until after 3 and so by the time we walked to the National Mall it was too late to go into the museums. We walked around and saw the White House, Washington Monument, Abraham Lincoln, and the Capital (from a distance). We were dying of hunger so we stopped at got dinner at (insert name later) where kids were definitely not usually taken. We bought Kinleigh her own meal and apparently a $3.50 freshly squeezed lemonade made right in the back by the lemonade maker. Funny the waiter didn't mention that lemonade didn't come with the kids meal when I asked for a kids drink! We went back to the hotel and put the girls down for the night. We put them both down at the same time and then went out into the hall and sat and chatted (and got weird looks from everyone getting off the elevator) while our daughters cried themselves to sleep. Minus the rocky start of getting to sleep the girls slept wonderfully all through the night and didn't wake up until 8:30 the next morning. Holly and I took the girls swimming in the tiniest pool ever! We went to a deli close by to eat and then Holly and Tom were off again to see his family. Can't wait until Sunday when they will be driving through again and stopping for another visit.
My precious niece!
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



1 comments:
The restaraunt was called McCormick and Schmidts (um, not sure that is spelled right).
We had so much fun with y'all! Thanks for letting us stay :)
Post a Comment