Thursday, July 05, 2007

Lovin the Beach

Week of June 25th-
I didn't realize that I had not updated Kinleigh's blog in almost a week and a half.
Tuesday Kinleigh and I went to the pool by ourselves in the morning to take an hour swim before bedtime. I have found that the best time to go to our pool is at 10 or 10:30 in the morning and then stay for a couple hours, feed Kinleigh lunch and then she's off for a nap (usually a long one b/c she is worn out from swimming). Not only is this a wonderful time for Kinleigh, but if anyone is at the pool it is parents with their young kids. If you go in the afternoon then there seems to be parents with their crazy kids and teenagers. Mornings just make for a better swim time all around.
Wednesday Julie and Sammi invited us to go down to the beach with them. Julie's sister is babysitting some kids down at the beach for the summer, so she invited us down to play. Oh the life that they live! We'll just say that we enjoyed being rich for one day....
Part of the benefits of being a member of the country club is that you get umbrellas and chairs on the beach. I pulled out my beach chair to lay out (of course) and set up Kinleigh's toys under the umbrella (genius I know). She LOVES playing in the sand; something about putting sand in a bucket is so exciting.

Sammi and Kinleigh played so well together!

Taking a stroll together. Kinleigh wasn't quite as brave at first about wanting to go in the water with out Mommy, but a little instructions from her SUPER BRAVE friend Sammi and that all changed. Kinleigh then thought that she wanted to go out further into the water and she did not want to be seen holding my hand.

Best playmate of all!

Thanks Sammi and Julie for inviting us to the beach. WE HAD A BLAST!!! All Kinleigh talks about is going back :)
Thursday we had the Keatons come over and go for a swim. Kinleigh was a whole new person at the pool. Heidi had purchased these new arm floats for Bailey that she let Kinleigh use and they worked wonders (yes I have purchased them for Kinleigh). Kinleigh was swimming by herself in the floats and would kick to the side (all by herself). She would jump into the pool and go under and then I would grab her. She also would let me throw her into the air and she would go under and I would grab her. Yes this was a whole new Kinleigh. Her favorite thing to do though was get all the Keaton kids and Mommy together holding hands and then jump into the water together. She LOVES the Keaton kids. For those of you who know Kinleigh pretty well she's not so keen on letting people hold her. She will hold out her arms to Trace so that he would take her in swimming with him. She is constantly saying, "Bailey come here." They are so good to her and Rhett is just like a great big brother to her. I guess she doesn't need siblings after all?!?
Saturday- Again, Kinleigh impressed us with how well she is in the jogging stroller. We drove up to the green way to run at like noon (yes we are stupid). We sometimes will take bike rides on this trail and I have been dying to run it ever since. We ran over 11 miles and again Kinleigh was perfect! We are so grateful for this wonderful trait she has! Saturday night my friend Kris invited us over for some pork chops off the grill (one word- YUMMY). We went over to their house well over a month ago for a barbecue and they have three dogs that Kinleigh was obsessed with going outside and seeing. So, we get over to their house and she REMEMBERS the dogs outside. She kept asking us to go outside and see the dogs. I had no idea she was even capable of remembering stuff like that. She really took to Kris and made her play with her all night. She kept putting her little fingers together (can't really explain but it is adorable) and going, "I'm going to get you" and then take off running and make Kris chase her. They would run around the downstairs and then she would tell Kris to "sit." As soon as Kris sat down she would start all over. I kid you not they probably did this for at least 15 minutes. We are so lucky to have such wonderful friends!

0 comments: