Friday, November 02, 2007

Almost All Grown Up

We have finally done it! Kinleigh no longer takes a binky. Several tries later we have success! Over the past couple weeks I have noticed that Kinleigh appeared to have a slight open bite (for those non-hygienists this means a little space between her top and bottom teeth when she bites down). Of course, me being a hygienist this could not happen. Once she started walking and talking that things was suppose to go (that was over a year ago). Lately when Kinleigh wakes up in the middle of the night instead of her just screaming I can actually reason with her and get her to lay back down. With having such great success with that I figured she could do the same communicating over a binky. So, Monday night I simply told her that it was hurting her teeth and that we need to throw it away. She took it to the trash and that was all she wrote. Ok, so we all wish it was that easy. She did do very well though and never officially cried over the binky, but had a little more trouble going to sleep. I had to go in and talk to her about three times to get her to stop calling out for Mommy. Finally she cried for about five minutes and slept the rest of the night like a champ. It is so wonderful to be able to reason with Kinleigh and have her understand.
The second good news is that we are making progress in the potty training. She probably goes about 75% of the time pee pee on the potty and finally went poo poo on the potty on Wednesday. We had just gotten out of the shower and so Kinleigh was running around naked and kept saying she had to go "poo poo on the potty." I went in with her a couple times and nothing, so I told her that I was going to go get ready and that she could go by herself. Sure enough a couple minutes later she started yelling at me, "Mommy, come here! Yucky, uh gross, yucky!" It was so cute and she was truly was disgusted by her poop. We called Daddy to let him in on the great news and again she told him how Yucky it was. The bad thing about potty training is that she has woken up the past two nights having to go pee pee on the potty.
Not so good news! Kinleigh has taken on the roll of the tattle tell. She tells on everyone for everything. Her favorite person to tell on is Daddy. She is always telling me that "Daddy not be nice." "Daddy took such in such away from me." and of course the one I love, "Daddy not be nice to Mommy" and then she yells at him "Daddy be nice to Mommy." However, she is a sweet child though and loves her friends. She is always giving them hugs and is so concerned when they are sad. She is not a hitter or a biter and she talks sweet to her friends.

1 comments:

Sabs said...

hooray for kinleigh! You really are a big girl! Its never too early to tell you daddy to be nice to mommy:)