I haven't mentioned the fact that Kinleigh can count to 9. She can't seem to figure out the 10, but she does up to 9 great. She of course likes to make me mad and will say 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, but she knows the correct way. Isn't it crazy how they already know how to push those buttons and THEY PUSH THEM?!? She has a book that each page has animals on it representing the different numbers up till 10. She will have me point her finger and she will count how many animals are on each page.
I knew I was way behind on ordering pictures so I cracked down last week and ordered some- ok maybe not just some but 497 and I still have several more folders to go. I know I haven't ordered pictures of Kinleigh since her first Christmas, but seriously....
Of course I've mentioned how Kinleigh can open doors now, but last Wednesday she figured out how to open the FRONT DOOR. That was sure fun! Luckily we had Brad coming over Saturday to fix all the damage the Rooms To Go people did to our door and he put dead bolts on both our front and back door. We have been meaning to put dead bolts on for a long time and I have to admit I feel much safer now that we have them (especially since Kinleigh could open the door and WOULD).
Saturday we went and helped some friends move some furniture and as we were heading back to their house, in the pouring rain, our windshield wipers quit working. I need to mention that it was not just pouring down rain, but it was dark. We managed to find a place to pull over and Daniel messed with the windshield wipers and by some miracle his side started to work. His side continuted to work the rest of the night and we made it home safely. Crazy how those things work out. We ended up staying at our friends house playing games until 1 in the morning and had a blast!
I felt the little bubbles they talk about a while back, but today was the first day I really felt the baby kicking continuously and he/she was out of control! It wasn't one kick but a zillion kicks and when I pressed my hand on my belly he/she started kicking my hand like crazy.
Our internet and phone have been out since last Friday and after spending 45 minutes on my cell phone (mostly waiting for them to answer) with TWC they finally came out today and fixed the problem (of course from 1-5). When the guy left Daniel said he was kind of lingering as if maybe we needed to give him a tip. Is it customary to give the cable people a tip? I already pay $120 a month for there service and it's not my fault it went out.... So, all you etiquette knowledgeable people what is the proper thing to do?
The biggest news of all is that Daniel was in ANOTHER accident. I don't think I mentioned this, but about three weeks ago someone decided they were going to cut in front of him and smashed into the front side of his work car. Luckily he was fine and work decided to just buy him a new car (I think the insurance is still debating whether they are going to total the car or not- of course it was not Daniel's fault and the other guy got a ticket for it). Last Monday Daniel got his brand new work car! Yesterday morning he was taking Kinleigh to the babysitters and this lady pulled out from the middle school and smashed right into the passenger side of the car. Since the new car has latches on all three of the back seats we had decided to fasten Kinleigh into the middle! Another blessing b/c the side that she would have been on was completely smashed in and the door wouldn't open. Again, thankfully they were both protected (someone is sure watching out for our family) and neither of them were hurt AT ALL. Daniel's work wasn't quite as excited, but again it wasn't his fault. What bad luck- the car was only one week old.
That is all the randomness I can think of for now. OUT!
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



5 comments:
YEA for updating!! Isn't it a coincedence that after last night's massive update our internet went out and so the cable guy came out here today to fix it....we figure they cut it out temporarily because we haven't paid the bill since it was installed 4 months ago-but in our defense put our name on it in English and we'll know who the bill is for!! Duh!!
wow - already an accident in the new car. poor daniel. but i'm so so glad that he and kinleigh are ok!
give me a call - we need to hang out!
I can't beleive Daniel got in another accident. Poor guy, he has the worst luck (or maybe the best since he has never been injured).
Ellie cracks me up with the counting thing. She will count to 10 and then go directly into her A, B, Cs. Like 1, 2, 3,....9, 10, A, B, C, D... Does she think they are all the same thing, I wonder?
whew! glad all is well. TOo bad st.patrick's day didn't bring you any luck at all:( kolby likes to skip 4,5,6 as well just to get a reaction. go figure:).....can't wait for tomorrow's post....i think its a girl:)
I love it when you blog! :) I feel like i'm in the loop! :) haha (laughing about being in the loop--not about Daniel)I can't believe about Daniel...that's crazy! And the front door business--I'm lucky (or maybe not) that it hasn't happened yet...but I figure it's only a matter of time. (i have the doorknob safety thing on it now).
Post a Comment