
When it comes to eating Kinleigh wants to be just like her Dad. Who knew Daniel had so many annoying eating habits until a two year old copies him! Maybe annoying isn't the right word, but annoying when you are two. To start off with she has to eat EVERYTHING that he is eating. For some reason Daniel can not eat carrots, cucumbers, etc. with out dipping them in Ranch. Yes, Kinleigh now insists on Ranch every time. Cheese is apparently a staple at every meal and must be added on top of everything. So, what does my daughter ask for at every meal- you guessed it cheese? As most of you know my husband is a hot sauce freak. Now I have two hot sauce freaks in my house- yes even Kinleigh. She will scream until Daddy puts some on her plate so she can dip her food in the HOT SAUCE. Don't worry she reassures me that "Nope, it's not too spicy." She has to put salt and pepper on top of everything and never can she eat with out a napkin to wipe her hands on (all just like Daniel). When Daniel has spaghetti he feels the need to use both a fork and a spoon to twirl it all up on the spoon. This is quite frustrating since Kinleigh gets upset b/c she can't figure out how to twirl her spaghetti on the spoon with out it falling off. So, last night we have spaghetti and Daniel decides he will try and eat it with out a spoon this time. I look over to see Kinleigh a mess b/c as she told me is, "eating her spaghetti like Daddy." Now Daniel has decided to put a big bite in his mouth and bite off the excess and let it drop to his plate. The real kicker of the evening was the ginger beer that Kinleigh insisted on drinking. Daniel made me take a sip and one sip burnt my throat, but nope Kinleigh kept insisting on drinking more of "Daddy's drink." Maybe it's because she usually sits across from him at the table or it's just the fact that she wants to be just like her Daddy. 
Kinleigh eating Daddy's sugary cereal (instead of Mommy's healthy cereal) and she made sure she slid her chair right next to him. I think she only had two bowls of it this morning, but yesterday morning she had three! My child does not usually eat cereal every morning. I am a big breakfast person so normally Kinleigh and I have a nice big breakfast- probably the reason for the three bowls of cereal.
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



7 comments:
That is TOO funny! It's fun to see their personalities emerge, but when they start becoming opinionated it can be SO frustrating!!!
haha, that is funny! Kinleigh and Kason have a LOT in common (you'll have to read my hot sauce post) haha Oh, and good luck with all that! :) (don't worry i'm in the same boat too)
Well it must run in the Erwin side of the family...because I do most of those things Dan does!! How funny!! It's very cute that she wants to be like him...even cuter when your boy wants to be like him!!
That is so cute! I love it. Um, Ellie is in a big Daddy phase now, too, but she won't have anything to do with me when he is around. Totally hurts my feelings.
Hey Dan! I saw your blog from Leah's page. I haven't seen you in forever. You have a beautiful family. Hope you are doing good. Allison (Hardesty) Bernauer
whoa...i had to catch up on all your posts! love them! mom told me that kinleigh really does talk all the time:) ha ha! She's super cute with her daddy and i noticed a lot of similarities on her "likes to" list...except for the whole cleaning and organizing...kolby and olivia just like to unorganize everything i've done.
Freaking A, would you update your blog already? I am kicking you out of the mommybloggers club if you don't start posting soon.
You know I love you...
Post a Comment