Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Tribute to my Husband

Every time I go out of town my wonderful husband takes on a house project that I want done! Here are a few of them.

BEFORE

AFTER: One time when I went out of town he put the chair rail. The second time he painted the entire room. Our living room goes up to the second story- I would have not let him be so dangerous if I was home.

Well, Daniel didn't technically do this one, but we hired our friend to do this one while we were out of town at Christmas time. Daniel did help with some of it! We took out our one piece white shower, tiled the floor, around the bath tub, the shower, put up a new shower door, new shower faucet, and then painted. Dumb me didn't take a before picture and I still need to take one of the rest of the bathroom!

Our kitchen when we first moved in!

Our kitchen now!

This last time I went out of town Daniel and our friend Jeff (THANK YOU SO MUCH TO HIM) put up our tile back splash. This is by far my favorite project!!! Our new granite counter tops look amazing, but the back splash is really what makes the kitchen.

Now, only to convince my wonderful husband that we need stainless steel appliances :).
p.s. sorry for the post. This is so my family can see what my house looks like since nobody ever comes to see me!

7 comments:

Smith Family said...

Your house is so cute!

Jamie Smith said...

That is amazing! I'm impressed with all that you have done with the house. Feel free to send Daniel over to our house anytime! I loved the backsplash and granite and all the colors you used!

Hall Family said...

hey I like to see the stuff you guys do! I wish I could come visit...I've been "working" on Alan for about 2 years....haha
I thought the before pics were just as good as the after...I guess I'm not schooled in decor or even in "repairs"...I think that comes from wanting a house SO bad!!

Hall Family said...

haha, I forgot to tell you, so here I am looking at your living room pics, and I see just above your fireplace this "leafy/branchy" design, so I thought, oh that's a cute decoration...well then I saw it again in your kitchen and your bathroom and so I thought you were like obsessed with this "leafy/branchy" design...well, it's your background shining through your pics! hahaha--I'm such a dork!! hahaha (but to my defense I really have seen this "deco" in real life!!) :) hehe I just love it all! really we need a house!

maren bosley said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love house projects--you guys have done awesome work!

Texasholly said...

Dude, I have been to your house twice (well, there and back on the same trip)! And to your old house twice! I am the best sister ever!
That said, I love the improvements. Go Daniel! Try not to work him to death.

Kristen said...

I think everything looks great!!! I'm always amazed what a difference a fresh coat of paint makes. Good work you guys!!!