Ever since we got back from Omaha Kinleigh has been a whole new child. Sunday we went over to some friends house to watch conference, eat and play games! SUCH FUN. We went to put Kinleigh down for bed and expected the usual hour process (she doesn't like to go to bed at other peoples houses). She went straight down and never made a peep. I called in sick for work Monday (I have a stupid cold/allergy) and so Kinleigh did not go to Maren's house this week. We both got up at 9:00am and she was a perfect angel. She spent the whole day just playing upstairs with her toys (which I don't think she has touched the toys in her game room in like two weeks). She spent most of her time playing with her baby dolls. I went in to check on her several times and she was putting the babies to bed, feeding them, and the cutest of them all was her sitting on her bed reading them books. Tuesday morning she didn't wake up until 9:15 and then again played by herself!!! I went to get her so we could run to the grocery store and get some MUCH NEEDED groceries and she didn't want to come with me because she wanted to stay and play with her baby dolls. Of course we had to take her baby doll to the grocery store and she pushed her around in a little cart. She also felt that she needed to have ALL of the groceries in her cart until she couldn't even push the cart anymore. This morning she didn't make the 9 but she still slept until 8:15 (we kept her up until after 9:30 and that is how it always works with her-late to bed early to rise). I did not sleep well tonight so when Kinleigh went down for a nap I took one also. I could have sworn I heard her call out to me around 1:30 and waited for her to come down into my room. I heard her upstairs playing in her room but obviously I was way to exhausted and I fell back asleep. I woke up again at 3:30 and could still hear her upstairs playing in her room. She never came out she just stayed in her room and played- I guess there is always a first for everything! I hope my writing about this doesn't jinx my new PRECIOUS DAUGHTER :).
Omaha post will be next! I just had to write about my new daughter.
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



3 comments:
I love it! I don't think ANY of my children have ever slept until 9:15. Heaven!!!
I love that!! (When they play on their own) We're halfway there with Kason...and Makaya did it for a long while, but with Kason around, she's not as keen on doing it for fear of sharing...go figure :) hehe
I'm with Maren on this one. :)I've been a mom for almost 7 years & think there MIGHT have been 5 days that I had a child sleep until 8!!!! Enjoy it! :)
Post a Comment