About two hours before Daniel and I's anniversary date I got the unfortunate phone call that my Grandma had passed away. Over a year ago she was diagnosed with colon cancer and since last month when I went to visit her she had gone down hill fast. Thursday she was taken into a hospice and passed away in her sleep Saturday morning. I know she is better off and pain free now- still am going to miss her. So, last Wednesday I was off again to Omaha. Daniel stayed at home with Kinleigh over night for the first time (weird huh? however, I didn't worry about them one bit). My dear friend Nicole kept Kinleigh while Daniel worked and of course took good care of Daniel too. I think Daniel had more fun with me gone- one night he had our friend David over and played the wii all night and then the next day they went and played golf.
The neat thing is my parents and all seven of us children were able to attend the funeral. The last time we were all together with out spouses or children was probably when I was like seven or eight. I shared a hotel room with two of my other sisters and despite the occasion we had a blast.
My Dad and three brothers (David, Mark and Daniel) were pall bearers.
The whole family! Don't worry I ask the same question- why am I so freakin short?!?
My Grandpa, Mom and her siblings.
My good looking Dad and brothers!
Me ,my beautiful Mom and sisters!
Friday night my Dad and Mom drove us around Council Bluffs to show us were they grew up! It was neat to see there old homes, schools, were they use to play, were Dad got into his car accident, etc.... Of course we made them take a picture in front of there old high school were they met and fell in love!
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



3 comments:
I'm sorry for your loss, but at least you know she's not hurting anymore.
Beautiful pics. I loved the one of your parents at their high school!
I'm sorry about your grandma! That's really hard, even though you knew it was coming! we're kind of in similar boats...just mourning different things...Anyway, I didn't know your parents met in high school! I'm not sure where I thought they met, but I didn't even know they were from Council Bluffs/Omaha..haha Funny me. I like the pic of your parents too, its way cute!! I was also thinking how much you and Jeanine look alike and Holly, (sorry Jennifer!) but then how all your brothers look alike too! Anyway, it sounds like it was a fun and much needed family get-together! Love you!!
I'm so sorry to hear about your Gramdma. It's nice to know that they she is out of pain though. It's sad when someone dies, but it is also so much fun to be together with everyone.
You look way cute pregnant! You are super tiny! I love all the pictures of your family. I have never seen your older siblings before.
Post a Comment