Sunday, June 08, 2008

It is finally DONE minus the final decorating

Even if I did not spend every moment preparing Levi and Kinleigh's room that was about all I thought about.... The process has seemed to go very slow in my mind (Daniel of course said we had plenty of time). So over the past few weeks we spent one night putting up the double chair rail in Levi's room, one day painting the chair rail, the next painting the bottom and then the next day painting the green stripe between the chair rails. Lowes had mismatched the blue for the top so after asking EVERYONE for their opinions on the color we finally went back last week to get the right color. I can't forget that I spent two nights painting my old day bed (from when I was a little girl) white for Kinleigh's room. And it started again- one night putting the bed together, the next night putting the toy bench together and then the next two nights putting the dresser together. We painted the right color blue on the top Wednesday night and finally the painting for Levi's room was done! Thursday I cleaned out both closets (moved everything we had stored in Levi's closet) and made Daniel take down the rest of his weight equipment and GET IT OUT OF THE BABIES ROOM. A couple guys helped him move the freakin huge armoire from Kinleigh's room to Levi's room and I spent the rest of the night putting clothes in the drawers and just sitting in the room in peace.




Now we just need to put up the bead board in Kinleigh's room and paint the top half and of course decorations! Daniel always tells me that it is never ending and I am starting to agree.

10 comments:

Kory said...

looks great!!!

Hall Family said...

It's so cute!!! I wish we had a house to do all these cute things!!! :) But it looks great!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

You did a great job! :)

Sheryl said...

I love them both! Seriously, they are both really cute, like what you would see in a magazine. What color is the lower part of the wall in Levi's room?

maren bosley said...

Dianna!
I LOVE how the walls turned out in the babys room--it's perfect!!!
ps: thanks for watching ivy sunday...I'm counting down until she can go into nursery :)

Jamie Smith said...

What a cute room! I love all your decoration ideas! I'm such a bum, I haven't thought of anything to do for little Owen yet. I'm so boring.

Sabs said...

super super cute! I love it! you and daniel are so talented and such hard workers!

Erik said...

Looks awesome! Looks like stuff you see on TV. Hope all is going well with you guys too, we're also glad you have a blog. It allows us to keep up with you (since Dan is so good at returning phone calls).

Unknown said...

The room is adorable! Congrats and let me know when the baby is due. Suzette has been over teaching my little one to swim and we were catching up on everyone. Hope you are doing well.

Unknown said...

The room looks great...but, Suzette and I have been wondering when the baby is coming!