Tuesday, July 08, 2008

A Late Shout Out!


I know I am late, but better late then never. I just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my WONDERFUL HUSBAND! He is an excellent father and spouse and Kinleigh and I are so blessed to have him in our lives. This time 7 years ago we started dating and from OUR first date (we had gone on a previous blind date but I was with his roommate and he was with my best friend) I knew I was in for trouble. Daniel had gone out and bought himself a new outfit from Abercrombie and Fitch (for those of you who know Daniel he has a tough time spending money on himself (not on me) and he was even worse back them). He arrived at my house late because he had stopped on the side of the road and helped a lady change her tire- and managed to get grease on his brand new shorts. He walks in and my niece who does not go to anybody came running down the stairs and jumped into his arms. After putting her down he went straight into the living room and started helping my Dad and brothers lay the hardwoods on our floor. My sisters were all in town for some reason and we were all in the kitchen in amazement watching as my DAD and Daniel talked (you'd have to know my Dad to understand that one :)). My sisters told me I was doomed and here we are seven years later still madly in love.

Kinleigh loves to sing Happy Birthday but of course when you try to film her this is what happens!!!


Party number two came on Saturday night! The Newbolds were in town staying with us (YEAH!) and the Willifords came over and brought the tradition they started three years ago. Great tradition Williford's we love it!!!

5 comments:

leah said...

If you ask me, you did indeed get a great catch!!! I miss you guys!!!

Happy Birthday Dan!

Strommer Family said...

Those cakes look rather nifty!! Man, I wish I had as many overnight guests as ya'll have!! That would be fun to have like a grown-up family sleepover!! Anyway, keep the updates coming!! ;)

Sabs said...

its almost 10pm and kolby wants to watch kinleigh over and over and over again.....thanks for the entertainment!

Anonymous said...

We had a great time! Let's do it again real soon! :)

Jamie Smith said...

You have been up to a lot! I love the tatoo story! That is too funny!

What a fun trip you girls went on too! I'm impressed with all your biking and swimming at 8 months along! You are one fit mamma!