So, I'm chillin in my bathroom this morning doing my hair and in walks my 2 yr. old.
Kinleigh: "Mommy, I want a tattoo."
Me: "Sorry Kinleigh but you can not have a tattoo."
Kinleigh: "But Mommy I WANT A TATTOO." (imagine the tantrum starting now)
Me: "Kinleigh, Mommy and Daddy don't have a tattoo."
Kinleigh: "Uncle (blank) has a tattoo."
Me: "Yes he does but that does not mean you can have a tattoo."
Kinleigh: "I WANT A TATTOO."
ok, how do you explain to your 2 yr. old she can't have a tattoo....
Me: "Kinleigh, Heavenly Father would be really sad if you got a tattoo."
Kinleigh: "Heavenly Father will be sad? Hmmm... Mommy I want a tattoo."
Me: "Tattoos really hurt!"
Kinleigh: "Uncle Blank cried waaah waaah waaah.
Me: "I'm not sure if he cried or not honey but you would cry b/c they really hurt."
Kinleigh: "Mommy, I want a tattoo."
Me: Kinleigh you don't get that choice you are too little."
Kinleigh: I'm not little I am Mommy and Daddy's BIG GIRL."
Me: Yes, you are my big girl, but you can not have a tattoo."
Kinleigh: "Mommy, Uncle blank made a choice?"
Me: "Yes honey Uncle blank made a choice because he is an adult!"
So again I ask, do I have a 2yr. old or a 16yr. old?
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



8 comments:
I am laughing histerically right now!! SHE IS SOOOOOO 16!!! haaha But guess what, is so funny about this?! we're having an almost similar discussion, except Makaya doesn't want one, she's just making sure those (like Daddy) that have tattoos know they made a bad choice. (All I told her was that they made a choice to get one...and a friend of mine told Makaya "she made a bad choice" when she got her tattoo, so Makaya has coupled it with everyone... hence the tattoo police. Alan gets the talk quite a bit)
I say just get her one now...that way, as she is screaming from pain, you can teach her "I told you so" and then when she is 16 with a Dora tattoo...you can point out what happens when she doesn't listen to mom.
I'm loving it! I wonder if Uncle BLANK realizes the influence he has on the little girls! I think Kinleigh might have her first crush! Watch out for her!! :) Alright Uncle Blank must clear all decision w/the Erwins before getting anything else done!
classic. i will make sure uncle BLANK reads this one. . .
Uh oh. Look out when she really is 16!!!
umm hello you have to be 18! so if theres three little girls who need a ride in sixteen years.:)
uncle BLANK
oh kinleigh is freakin adorable. good work...but i hope that when she's old enough to make her own decisions that she really doesn't want a permanent stamp on her...
Very cute...articulate isn't she?? I'm not sure my 18th month will ever be able to express himself that well since he doesn't say a darn word as it is right now!! :)
Post a Comment