Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Mother/Sisters Weekend

So here is the thing. Seeing how my sister is an English major and so much better at blogging then me... I have decided why make up my own post when she posted all about our fabulous vacation. So, thank you Holly for the post ;)! I will add a couple of my own pictures.

Girls Only
Last Christmas my mom, three sisters, and I began conspiring a way to go on a vacation together sans children or husbands. After many persuasive talks with husbands and massive amounts of emails to each other trying to coordinate dates, we finally decided to meet up in Bear Lake, Utah. This was the view from the back deck of our condo:
We had so much fun in Bear Lake doing all the touristy things. The second night we were there, we went to a western cookout and then watched Thoroughly Modern Millie at the Pickleville Playhouse. The food was actually pretty bad, but we really enjoyed the play.
The next day we decided to get up early and go swim laps in the condo's pool. Then, we went to the beach where we did absolutely no swimming because that water was freezing. Instead, we contented ourselves with laying out, chatting, and getting sunburned.
Later that evening, we thought we would go for an hour-long bike ride around Bear Lake (we were really doing the touristy, cheesey thing up right). We rented a surrey that 4 people pedaled. We thought it would be this easy, casual ride, but let me tell you, that thing was a workout! There were a few times when I thought we wouldn't make it up a hill.
We had so much fun at Bear Lake just talking and laughing. Oh, and did I mention the talking? You can just imagine when five girls get together.
The last night we spent at my sister's beautiful home in Preston, Idaho. All of us sisters went for a ride in Nene's Herbie bug! (a picture hopefully soon to come).
And what were Daddy and Kinleigh doing??? Thursday Daniel worked so she spent the day over at the Sweeney's house. Friday he was suppose to be able to take off but ended up having to take Kinleigh into his office all day and she did AWESOME. He said she brought a backpack of toys and just played the whole day. Why doesn't she do stuff like that for me- I don't know! Friday night they went to play with her friend Sammi and went out for some yummy ice cream. Saturday he took her to the Museum, the park and the over to the Sweeney's to play on the slip-n-slide.

Obviously Daniel did not bring a swim suit for Kinleigh :)! Our little boy or little girl?!?
Sunday they chilled spending the day together and then Sunday night she had to spend the night at the Sweeney's since Daniel had to leave for work at 4:30 Monday morning. I just have to say a MANY MANY THANKS to our AWESOME friends the Sweeney's who do way too much for us. What would we do with out them....

5 comments:

Texasholly said...

Heehee, I logged on to give you a hard time about not posting only to see my words staring back at me :)
I like your pics. Tell Daniel I said Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great time! What a wonderful idea! And biking at 8 months prego? What would your dr say? Are you trying to go into labor early? :)

Kristen said...

What a fun idea!!! I don't have any sisters (only brothers), but we had a siblings weekend a year or so ago. It was pretty fun. Maybe I'll have a girls weekend with my daughters instead. :)

Hall Family said...

I can't believe you were peddaling that thing 8 Months pregnant! but I guess I felt like superwoman at 8 months too ;) j/k. Yeah, I completely agree with the whole Bear Lake being absolutely too cold for anything!! Alan tends to disagree and think I'm crazy...I on the other hand think he's crazy for thinking that water is swimmable. I'm glad you guys had fun!! it looked like it was a fun trip! :)

Hall Family said...

Kinleigh's hair is getting SO LONG!!!