
My favorite-carseat pictures.
Daddy's son- no question.
We have been having a lot of fun enjoying the newest addition to the family and having Grandma here to play with us. She has been a huge help and I'm already dreading when she has to return home and it is still a week away.
Kinleigh has been adjusting in different ways then I thought she would. She absolutely loves the baby and thinks she needs to be touching, hugging too tight, and kissing him all the time. I thought she would revert back to acting like a baby and of course was dreading the poo poo and pee pee accidents but she has actually has done just the opposite. I feel she is acting even more like a big girl and now just takes her self to the potty, wipes and washes her hands. However, no she has not been an angel. She is deliberately disobeying and when we don't get her in trouble on our own she will inform us of the wrong she did so she will get in trouble. I know she is doing it for attention but she gets SO MUCH more attention then she ever got before the baby came- thanks to her wonderful Grandma! The other thing she has decided is that she no longer needs naps. She will lay in her bed and play for over an hour and then come see if she can get out of her room. I know I am still getting some freedom in the afternoon, but she is very quick to cry about the time supper time hits. Overall though she is adjusting well and at least she loves the baby right?!?
Levi is doing great. He is such a good baby and really only cries when he is getting a sponge bath and if he is hungry and has decided he has informed me long enough with his noises. We took him in last week for his one week appointment and he had gained 8oz in two days- still a big eater. He was doing really awesome at night with sleeping but the last couple nights he has gone back to about 3 1/2 hours between feedings. He squirms and makes sucking noises to let me know he is hungry. I'm still trying to adjust to the whole peeing on me when I change his diaper- that is especially fun at 3:00AM.
Aside from Mom playing with Kinleigh, cooking, cleaning and watching the kids so we can go to all the dag on Dr.'s appointments we have been having fun too!
Mom taught me how to grind my own wheat and make homemade wheat bread. Many thanks to Maren for the wheat!!!
The Senior VP for HR was in town and so he took us all out for dinner at Olive Garden. Levi's first outing to a restaurant at 1 week old.
Mom kept Levi Friday so Daniel, Kinleigh, and I could go to the lake with some friends. What would we do with out Ciara?!?
Saturday we went down to Bentonville Battlefield for a little reinactment. We don't keep Mom too cooped up in the house :). (Levi is in my lap snoozing)

Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



8 comments:
oh i can just feel the love thru the screen!!! :) please tell dan that holding a little boy really looks good on him. ;)
take care hun!!! and HUGE CONGRATS!!!
Dianna, you look amazing! I was sure I must have read wrong when you said, "1 week", so I re-read it several times just to make sure. :) My kids did the exact same thing as Kinleigh when a new one came along. They adored the baby, but had to adjust to the attention shift. Wish I had something helpful for you, but I think it just works itself out on its on. They have also always done the napping thing too. The older one stopped napping as soon as the baby came. It was such a shock, but again, what can you do? Anyway, you guys look wonderful and I'm glad you're all adjusting so well. Hugs and kisses to that sweet little baby! :)
YEAH FOR UPDATES!!!!! One of these days I'm going to be the first person that comments on an entry so I'm not just repeating what everybody else says!! ;) You look good Di and baby Mr. is just as cute as he can be...looking like a Mini Dan!! ;)
cute family pics! you look great!!! :) It sounds like things are going great! (I think Kinleigh is handling it pretty good even with the need for negative attention...she'll get it all worked out eventually)
Oh my gosh, I can't wait to get my hands on that little guy! He is too cute. You look awesome, by the way.
Send Mom back, I need her! :)
what a fun update. I wanna let levi sleep on my lap! so cute!
I can't wait to see you all tomorrow and meet baby Levi!! And you're already back in a bathing suit? WOW!!! I had Bryant 4 months ago and still shouldn't be in a bathing suit! Ha!!
he's adorable! once again...great job having such cute kids!
Post a Comment