Thursday night- Levi had a very restless night so I think I actually ended up getting less sleep then Daniel (who had done the black friday shopping). He progressively got worse through out the day and then Friday night I finally called the Nurse line at our Pediatric office at 3:00am to ask them what they thought I should do. The guy was great and eased my mind by letting me know that it is common for them to get colds and it often sounds way worse then it is.... We then took shifts staying awake with the baby (he would not let you put him down and would wake up screaming out in pain every twenty minutes) leaving us with maybe 2 hours of sleep a piece. I looked up the urgent care Saturday morning and they didn't open until 12 noon. We packed up our stuff and started heading home Saturday morning instead of Saturday evening. Our plans were to drive straight through the night Saturday night to arrive home Sunday afternoon. My brother Dr. Dave was staying at my parents house so we headed down to Beaumont to have him look at Levi once again (he had listened to him on Thanksgiving and it wasn't in his lungs at that point). He listened to his chest and told us he thought it was pneumonia in his left lower trunk and to head to the urgent care. Of course Daniel has just started his new job and we do not have insurance and received the papers for Cobra right before we left and had not had time to fill them out and send them back. We now know that Cobra is retro-active. Daniel stays home to sleep to prepare for our drive home and I waited at the urgent care for 3 1/2 hours with my sick baby. I finally get back for the Dr. to take one look at him and say "he needs to go to the ER." No chest x-rays, no rsv test, no nothing just simply go to the ER. I have several choice things I could say about that Dr. but I am going to take the high road and keep them to myself but, basically he informed us that he did not want to be held reliable or get sued. Not quite sure why he is practicing since he does not want to do anything for people but whatever. Oh, and of course they took my money to do nothing for my child. So, off to the ER to wait yet again. They got us in pretty quickly but by the time they took his chest x-rays, tested him for rsv, strep, took blood (which they could not find a vein and ended up having to get it from his foot- so sad), gave him a couple breathing treatments, and got the results it was 11:00pm. What a long week!
I took him to the Dr. Tuesday morning and the Dr. said he is doing great! Thank you so much for all the support and prayers!
The ER:


The Adorable Baby/Victim of Mom's new Camera:



Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



6 comments:
I'm glad Levi is better and you are home! He's a cutey!
How scary for you guys. Glad you are home and Levi is feeling better.
It's good to hear Levi is doing better and you guys made it through the drama! Modern doctors pretty much SUCK!!!
That really stinks! I'm so sorry!!
I hope he's doing much better!
poor guy. but his pics are adorable! i know he scared you for a minute, but i'm so glad he got some good care and is all better now! AND i'm glad you're home! :)
ERs stink...grateful for them, but ugh!
Post a Comment