Wednesday, April 15, 2009

LoneStar Triathlon

It is finally over.... Ok it was not near as bad as I thought.

My two sisters, brother and father participated in the Lonestar Triathlon in Galveston two weekends ago. My one sister did her first sprint and did awesome! My other sister and I did the quarter and we're awesome too :)! The big success of the day however was my Dad doing the half ironman! He will be 60 in a few months and has been training religiously for the past 16 weeks. The bike was fairly windy for us but it was VERY WINDY by the time the half was going on and I am so proud of him for not only finishing but finishing in that condition!!!!


The quarter is a .6mile swim (in the ocean), 28mile bike and a 6.5mile run.


The half is a 1.2mile swim, 56mile bike, and 13mile run. WOW


It was such a fun weekend. I went by myself (making it a little more fun for me:)). The triathlon is at Moody Gardens so we were able to spend Saturday there. My three nieces entered the 1k run and rocked the house.


My sister is suppose to be sending me a cd with pictures so when I receive those I will post some pictures.

Here is the one picture that I have. I could not get my arms out of the wetsuit so I had to have the strippers take off both my arms and legs. Thank goodness for them. I am the short one in the pink cap and pink shirt.

3 comments:

Texasholly said...

I have your CD...just haven't made it to the Post Office yet. Why don't you copy the ones posted to the family website? Just click on them to make them full size and then right click to copy.

Kory said...

you are awesome! love the sexy wetsuit and pink cap! :)

Hall Family said...

You guys are so awesome!! I can't believe how focused you are to do something like that!! Great job!!!! :D