The other day Kinleigh just randomly yells down to me to inform me she was going to clean her room and make her bed. I was not about to argue with that. When she was done she yelled again for me to come check it out. (side note- I showed her a couple weeks back the way that I make her bed, just one time). She did an amazing job making her bed and then I opened up her stool where we keep her little books and they are perfectly organized inside (disaster before). Oh how I love my little girl.
Then yesterday she decided she wanted to try and do her 70 piece princess puzzle. She DID THE ENTIRE THING BY HERSELF. I was so impressed I gave her another puzzle that we had previously bought for her but thought it was too hard for her right now. She had that 60 piece United States puzzle done in 15 minutes. She is AMAZING!
Just a couple funny things she has said lately:
Driving in the car and once again Kinleigh is chatting non-stop so I tend to tune her out sometimes... so all of a sudden I hear her yell, "Mom, why are you just chillin there and not listening to me?" So now anytime I do not pay attention to her she asks why I am just chillin there?
Monday she had the Sobas girls babysit her and she informed me later that night that she did not take a nap. Ciara had told me that she thought Kinleigh went to sleep because she stayed in her room for 1 1/2 hours. So I ask her, "what in the world were you doing in your room for so long?" Her response, "I was just chillin!"
We purchased Kinleigh's dresser from Target (mistake-piece of crap) and about a week after we put it together I started having problems with the dresser drawers not opening. Of course this always happens when I am in a rush. So the other week I am rushing to get Kinleigh dressed and of course can not open her shirt drawer. Of course I start yelling, "you've got to be kidding me!" A few days later I send Kinleigh in to get her shirt and followed her in a couple minutes later. I see her kneeling in front of her drawer yelling, "this dresser is kidding me."



3 comments:
They're growing up way too fast.....
oh my gosh, I am so impressed. I only hope that Ellie will learn to clean and organize like that!
I have seen her do her puzzles - she is amazing. Your water trip sounds like great fun.
Post a Comment