Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Strommers Visit






Thursday- Thanksgiving.... We stayed up Thursday night playing the game "Nines".
Friday- we went down to the Children's Museum (we love that place, or at least our kids do). We spent the majority of the day playing with a break to eat lunch. It was about 2 in the afternoon and Levi had not taken a nap yet. He was tired and cranky and ready for bed. I was trying to put him back in the stroller when he threw his head forward and hit right above his eye on the corner of the table. It IMMEDIATELY turned blue- I have never seen anything bruise that fast. He now has a black eye. Friday night we stayed up watching a movie).
Saturday the Strommers went down to visit his side of the family so Daniel and I got a babysitter for Levi and took Kinleigh to see "A Christmas Carol" in 3D. I was worried she would be too scared but she loved the movie and was disappointed because she wanted more ghosts. I, however, thought it was a bit scary for kids. Saturday night we played the wii (first time in MONTHS and I do mean MONTHS) and chatted.
Unfortunately we all have jobs and the playing has to end sometime so Sunday the Strommers headed home. We are glad they came down for a visit and hope they return again.

4 comments:

Sabs said...

i was wondering when you left that comment onmy blog:) i knew i'd heard of the strommers but didn't actually know them. ha ha. you are one brave woman making thanksgiving feast! somehow i've managed to never have to make the Turkey! and a fire!!! yikes! Perhaps your Daniel should give you a lesson on fire safety hee hee.

Shannon @ Lifelong Impressions said...

Ha ha! We were at Marbles on Friday too! Sorry we missed seeing you there. Glad you guys had fun. It's a great place.

Hall Family said...

Hey it looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving!!! I hope you'll forgive us for not coming down. The Children's museum looks like a good one! and I sure hope Levi's eye heals soon!

Mom Erwin said...

I am glad you were all together. I know it wwas a lively home with 5 children under the age of 8! I know Ruth and Chris were so glad to be with you all. Have a good week. Mom