Some how I decided I would cook the Thanksgiving Feast this year. Daniel's sister, Ruth, and her family came down to help us celebrate. We are so glad that we finally have family with in driving distance! I figured since I had to cook anyway that we might as well invite more people. The Boehner's were brave enough to take me up on the offer.
To make this short... I woke up to start cooking to find Daniel had left a bag of food at the store two days previously. I waited for him to get back from the store and started cooking again. Realized 2 hours into the baking of the Turkey that it was going to be done 2 hours early (cooked it in an oven bag and was looking at the cooking time from the Turkey not the bag). Frantically got everything together and rushed the Boehner's over only to cut into the Turkey and see it was not done yet. Thanks for my new oven feature, Convection Roast, we put it back in for 20 minutes and it was good to go. The dinner turned out OK. It was not like my Parent's but hey they have years of experience on me right?!?
We spent the rest of the afternoon playing outside, shooting Daniel's bow, chatting and watching a movie. Good times all around. And I won't even start to list all the things that we are Thankful for because the list is way too long. I was not very good at taking pictures so this is all I got!
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



1 comments:
Fun! :) Your desserts look so yummy!! And you are brave to take on the Turkey! I haven't done that yet, but then again, if I were to take that on, Alan would probably jump in and take over....thank goodness for that :)
Post a Comment