Daniel and I have been married EIGHT years. Time really does fly by... I guess we are no longer the newlyweds huh?!?
This year I kept hinting to Daniel that I wanted an IPAD for our anniversary gift. Hinting is really an understatement. I made him go with me to the Apple store and play them, called all the best buys around to see if they had one available, and told him about it every day for about a week. Then one day I could tell he was a whee bit irritated with me and finally told me to stop with the IPAD. Of course I immediately realized he already had a present planned for me. He had been designing a necklace for me for the past two months. He made the design himself and then went to a jewelry store and together perfected the design. The front is our initials DEDE mirroring each other in a circle for eternity and a couple other secret symbols. The back is 517 for our anniversary. It is pure white gold.
Of course I made him tell me how much it costs (I'm terrible like that) and after I got over the shock I let myself really enjoy my present. It is BEAUTIFUL and VERY VERY VERY THOUGHTFUL. That is just a glimpse at what an AMAZING husband I have.
We celebrated this year at the Melting Pot this year (oh how I LOVE the salad, cheese and chocolate)!
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



4 comments:
It is beautiful. I am glad he was so creative - the thoughtfulness and loving is better than any bought item.
All I can say is WOW!! What a creative brother I've got...and what a lucky wife he's got!! ;)
The necklace is incredible - what a gift (so meaningful). I can't believe it's been 8 years. I remember your wedding like it was yesterday.
btw, I love Melting Pot! Yum!
Congrats on 8 years!!! :0) (Your hair looks really cute in the picture---sorry that's off subject) That's a really cool idea! I'm impressed...I wouldn't think of anything like that!
Post a Comment