Monday, May 10, 2010

What will the 3rd be?

Last week it was quite warm here and our upstairs AC was just not working right. 88 UPSTAIRS! We called a guy out on Friday and informed him that we had freon put in it twice last year and we think it has a leak. Basically we payed him $85 to tell us what we told him. With out checking he said it was our coils and it would be $1080 and two weeks until they could get the part. But never fear for another $150 they could put some freon in our unit to hold us over until they get the part to fix the unit. However, our unit is the builders junk that builders put in and that we'd be better of getting a new unit for $4500. Our house isn't even 8 years old yet. Long story short... THANK you to a friend in the church our coil was repaired and thousands of dollars still sit in our bank account. He did what the AC guy mocked my husband for asking if it could be done... he welded the hole in the pipe. I shouldn't really be putting down the AC guy because he actually was very nice and I know was just doing his job. Sorry AC man!

Today I get into my car at lunch and the warning comes up that one tires pressure is low. I find a gas station to put some air into the tire and while doing so I notice a large jagged nail in my tire. I look up and wah lah what do I see in front of my eyes- a DISCOUNT TIRES. I go in hoping they can just patch my tire but no such luck. They did however let me just buy a warranty on all four of my tires for $195 and put a brand new tire on. That is $60 less then the cost of the tire and now I have a warranty on all four tires.

Despite the bad news in the last three days each one we have been able to fix for less. I guess this is a time I should focus on the positive and not the negative. However, things come in 3's and could that 3rd thing please stop tormenting me and just get it over already. And while I'm putting in request could you make it something super small and insignificant please.

3 comments:

Lisa and company said...

let's see this week Allias needed a 2500 root canal, both of our cars broke down, our bathroom flooded and I lost one of the lenses to my glasses which will cost me after a visit to the eye doctor around 550 dollars to replace
that is four- does that mean I have two more to go. ACK!!!!

Hall Family said...

haha I'm sorry I shouldn't be laughing but I KNOW that feeling all too well....the one where you just want #3 to get on with itself so you can get on with your life. I hope it isn't something too bad ;) (By the way, you are super woman, if my car said it had a low tire...I'd be too empty minded to think about going to a gas station and put air in it....I'd probably call Alan and ask him to come get me or fix it haha)

Mom Erwin said...

I am glad you got the air conditioner repaired for less! We had the same occurence here a year ago and also had a friend that helped us repair it for next to nothing - it is such good news when that happens.