Oh sorry this post is suppose to be about Kinleigh and her 100th day of school not my joy of a 100 days of Kinleigh at school!
Actually as much as I enjoy free time with Levi... Kinleigh is such a big help when she gets home. She entertains Levi and if she is not doing that she is drawing and coloring. She does have a sassy mouth some times and sure she can drive me crazy but, I LOVE THIS GIRL! She has such a funny personality and the best part is that she ADORES me. I haven't figured out why yet but I'm going to soak up every moment of this time. Yes she may cry if she has to leave her cousins house but, she also tells me every morning how she wants to stay home with me. She calls me back into her bedroom each night because she just wants to hug and kiss me again. She LOVES to help me in the kitchen and 99% of the time will choose to run even the tiniest errands with me. I pray each day that she never goes through that teenage stage of "hating Mom" and that she is my best friend forever. Only time will tell.... As for now I will soak up all the love I can get.
Back to school... the kindergartners celebrated their 100th day of school (thanks to Rosie and Aidyn for letting us borrow Aidyn's shirt from last year). Kinleigh informed me that she almost cried because she didn't want to parade around the school. It is so funny to me how out going she can be yet how painfully shy she also can be. The girl amazes me each day. We were going over her site words last night and she didn't even think twice about what the word was. Then I asked her to count to 100 which she did quite entertainingly and again didn't miss a beat. She claims she doesn't like to write but she is writing ALL THE TIME at home. She is doing really well at reading her books they bring home each week. She may be the youngest in the class but that sure isn't stopping her from excelling.
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



1 comments:
love kinliegh girl! we just made those mini cheesecakes last night...ya they're all gone! ha ha.
Post a Comment