Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 6

We arrived home Sunday afternoon to Kinleigh running out the door to greet us.  It started years ago when Daniel ever so sweetly, knowing I love gifts, would buy me a present every time he went out of town.  That has kind of transferred over to bringing the kids a little something too.  Point being... I'm not sure if she was more excited to see us or more excited about getting a present. 
Grandma had a busy week with picking up Kinleigh from school two days and taking her to swim lessons, having dinner with cake and ice cream for the family on Wednesday night at our house for Ellie's 5th birthday, going to Daniel and Sabrina's one night for dinner, Mark and Rosie's another night for dinner, having Holly and her kids another night for dinner, and then taking the kids to Ellie's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese on Saturday.  I think they played hard and I know Kinleigh had a lot of fun.
Levi was asleep when we got home and so when I went to wake him up he smiled and then got ANGRY with me.  He refused to talk to me on the phone a few times through out the week too.  He forgave me and has told me several times since not to go on another airplane.  Good to know despite all the partying with Grandma that he still MISSED ME.
We then headed over to Mark and Rosie's for a DELIGHTFUL dinner and cheesecake to celebrate Mom's Birthday!  Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE living by family.  I know Mom still lives 2 hours away and I tell her all the time it is still too far but it is so NICE to be here and spend time with family.
*Side Note* right before we left we took Daniel's truck in to our family mechanic and got word while we were gone that he felt it wasn't worth spending the money to start with the repairs. The next week was spent stressing and looking for a new vehicle.  His truck still worked but it was quickly starting to fall apart.

0 comments: