Monday, January 09, 2012

School Christmas Parties

Levi's preschool invited parents to come watch the kids decorate cookies for Christmas.  I had a friend keep Krew so I could spend some quality time with Levi.  I literally watched Levi decorate ONE cookie.  It was a good thing I went though because I was bringing home some of his fellow classmates and Man did all those kids have a TON of stuff.  I had to recruit the students/teachers to help me carry all their goodies to the car.  

Now Kinleigh's class made gingerbread houses in the cafeteria and then we went to her classroom for the treats, book exchange, and games.  The making of the gingerbread house....  First, they ask all the parents to bring a specific item.  Then, the kids spend 30 minutes putting together this gingerbread house (a huge mess for an OCD person like myself) where then TONS and I Mean TONS of gingerbread house supplies are just junked into the trash.  The kids had a blast though and Kinleigh was sitting next to her "best friend" Alyson from class which made it even more exciting for her.  Kinleigh LOVED having us in her domain.  She just got up from the table and wondered to the bathroom to wash her hands (with out informing anyone).  Once we were in the classroom she ran out to the hall to show me something and then later on she disappears again to go to the bathroom.  I could not believe she did not even ask permission!  I don't know if this is normally the rules or if she just thought because we were there she can do what ever she wants. She's NOT that same shy girl from last year that is for sure!  I can not rave enough about her teacher.  Kinleigh ADORES her and I'm pretty sure she is the teachers pet!  I included a picture of the gifts I made for the teachers.  I am not usually very crafty so I had to document my success.  I made coasters for the bus driver, music, art, PE, and her two main teachers (this was just a little something from Kinleigh... we actually did money for them to go in on the class gift).









0 comments: