Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Spoiled Much

I admit it... I LOVE my birthday.  I DON'T care to get older but I love feeling EXTRA SPECIAL one day of the year.  OK... one week of the year.  I do tend to drag out my birthday as long as possible.  When you grow up being the baby of seven things were very rarely about just you.  On your birthday it was about you... you didn't have to make your bed, you got to pick out breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Not to mention that you got to pick what type of cake you wanted and what you wanted Dad to decorate on the top!!
This year we started the week off with a BANG.  Rosie and Mark had all the Texas families over for a Birthday dinner on Sunday.  My brother David happened to be in town and so it was an EXTRA SPECIAL BONUS!  Rosie made the most delicious Japanese meal! My nieces and nephew made a HUGE card telling me how much they love me and how I'm the BEST AUNT!  Kinleigh insisted on playing my Happy Birthday song that she has been working on memorizing for my Birthday.  The family gave me a new Food Saver that I can not wait to use.  My parents also gave me some Mary Kay to go with the Food Saver.  You know you are an adult when you get SUPER excited over a Food Saver.   We spent the rest of the evening playing games which is another one of my favorite things to do! 
I guess technically my birthday started before Valentines Day when I received a package from my Mother-in-Law with a huge bag of chocolates and this awesome watch made from Safety Pins.  












4 comments:

robandkayla said...

Yay! Happy Birthday!!

Mom Erwin said...

Happy, happy birthday to you all week! We are proud of our sweet Texas daughter.

Sabs said...

and its not even your bday yet! haha more good stuff on the way tomorrow!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I like to drag mine out as long as possible too!

My marathon is not until June 9th. Yours is coming up soon, isn't it? Good luck on qualifying for Boston! It would be so awesome for you, Mark, and Daniel to all be there!