I have been begging my neighbor, Nancy, to teach me how to make one of these awesome posts that she has and then you can hang a sign on it for the different occasions. We spent all morning shopping for the supplies, grabbed a bit to eat, and by then we only had two hours before the kids would be coming home. Daniel's electric sander was not charged and my friend, Camille, ran to grab her neighbors. In the mean time we were sanding the big posts by hand. All of a sudden I feel a splinter go into my finger. I yell, "Ouch, Splinter!" I look down at my finger and start screaming, "IT IS THROUGH MY ENTIRE FINGER!" Levi was watching the entire thing and in true boy style he was not horrified at all. It was bleeding like crazy at first and Rachel dumped loads of hydrogen peroxide on it and thanks to the splinter still lodged in my entire finger (from top to bottom) it stopped bleeding. Camille took me to the Urgent care, filled out all my paperwork for me, and waited until Daniel arrived. I think her leaving was more from the lady across the seats who was talking on her phone and shouting, "Yeah, I don't know what is wrong with me... I'm thinking the flu or bronchitis, cough, cough cough."
The Doctor numbed the thumb and then tried pulling as hard as she could and could not get the splinter to budge. She had to cut a bigger hole in the bottom and was finally able to get it out. She thinks that it all came out.... She stitched it up with one stitch and then prescribed me some antibiotics. Unless you touched the actual spot my thumb never really hurt once the numbness wore off. I just pulled the stitch out myself and I am good as new!
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



3 comments:
Ouch, ouch! Be careful with my sweet daughter-in-law! I am glad it is not too painful now.
ughghg.. those pictures and the whole story gives me the heebie jeebies! Especially the part about the doctor pulling as hard as she could and cutting a bigger hole! Yikes! I'm glad you recovered quickly!
OH MY GOSH DIANNA!!!!!!!!! So the picture didn't come thru very clear when you texted it to me because I didn't realize it went THROUGH your thumb!!!! I thought it went from the tip of your thumb underneath the nail to the nail bed... gosh this is much worse! Glad you got it out :)
Post a Comment