August 31, 2013
I can not believe that Kinleigh is old enough to get baptized! She has been looking forward to this day for a good year. I don't even remember what all we did that day but I do remember that Kinleigh fell asleep on the way to her baptism. She shared her baptism with a boy in our ward named Thad. The amount of people that showed up for her baptism really touched my heart. Her Uncle, Mark, is the Bishop so he was able to conduct her baptism. Daniel baptized her, Grandpa Lawton gave the talk on the Holy Ghost, and Uncle Daniel and Mark were the witnesses. Grandpa Lawton gave both Thad and Kinleigh there very own LIAHONA'S. The sweetest part was when Thad and Kinleigh sang "When I am Baptized". They did such a wonderful job. It was a sweet moment to watch my daughter make the first life changing choice in her own life. I know this is just the beginning of a life full of happiness.
Now for the good part... I forgot to bring Kinleigh a towel to dry off with after she exited the water. Where was the camera when you need it?!? It was quite the site as I'm trying to dry her down with paper towels. We had a good laugh and now she has a story of her baptism that she will never forget.



2 comments:
Congrats Kinleigh!!! What a special day! Kason's is coming up, and boy oh boy (aug)! So glad you had the support and love of family and friends!! :)
What a beautiful dress you had, Kinleigh. Baptism day is a very special one you will always remember. (I was baptized in the YWCA swimming pool because that is where we had church when I was 8.)
Post a Comment